Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, July 14, 2018

This picture reminds me of those memes you see all the time asking if you could live here for a year with no wi-fi and no cable, and I say, sure, because I would just spend all my time mowing the roof.
Redheads always have to put up with people coming up on them and running their hands through the scarlet mane "for luck." At least this fellow is going to raise money for cancer research. In fact, I would pay a buck just to avoid running through someone's hair.
I saw this and figured it was a collection of small pebbles from a beach, but no! It's dried beans that need to soak overnight in the big yellow bowl and get turned into bean soup!
TV's Ed O'Neill got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, accompanied by his two TV wives, Peg Bundy and Gloria Pritchett. Only Gloria seems to be happy to be there.
Lichtenstein Castle, Germany, where for centuries, people have wondered if they could have built it just a tad bit closer to the edge. Makes me wonder...
If you're from New Jersey, Philadelphia, Delaware or Baltimore, you know what this is. It's a Taylor Pork Roll sandwich with cheese and egg. Pork Roll, often referred to as "Taylor's Ham," is a regional treat that we enjoy five or six times a week here.
After we had a pork roll sammy for breakfast, we'd go to Hutzler's to shop. No Dupont T-64 polyster pants for me, though; I only like natural fabrics, but I'll take the BALTIMORE Colts pennant. And who else thinks that calling pants "slacks" sounds like you're about to put a Jackie Gleason record on the hi-fi and pour a highball?
Today is July 14, Bastille Day in France, commemorating the storming of the Bastille on this day in 1789, an event which signalled the beginning of the French Revolution. But getting through those walls proved to be difficult, because the prison walls had been fortified with the bastille they could find.

No comments: