Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, February 3, 2018

These are Eastern grey kangaroos in Australia’s Kosciuszko National Park. I don't know what I would do if I were ever to see a kangaroo hopping along. Especially because I don't live in Australia.
This is Ke$ha at the Billboard Awards a couple of years ago, dressed in a real actual Nudie suit by Nudie's Rodeo Tailors. I told my friend Kristin during the Grammys the other night that if I were so lucky as to have one of these magnificent garments, the ne plus ultra of country music outfits, I would wear it everywhere.  Maybe that's why I don't have one.
This is the good ship "Latitude," a 170 foot yacht that is leased to big shots like Rihanna, people who need a floating porch. I would change the name to "Seafood" in honor of Al Czervik.
 A nice looking stack of 45-rpm records from the good old days.
The Surgeon General's report on the hazards of smoking came out in 1964, far too late for these young men, who may be described as "rakehells," "ne'er-do-wells," and "whoresons." I miss those good old words. Today, these guys would be called "maladjusted," which lacks a certain something.
This is the Swedish ship "Vasa," built in 1626 and sunk in 1628. She was found in the waters off Stockholm in the 1950s, and rebuilt for exhibition in a museum.  I think I'd prefer to sail on the "Latitude."
Now that pot is legal in some places, Girl Scouts won't have to sell cookies door-to-door anymore. Just set up shop where people are getting the munchies.
Some people have all the luck when it comes to getting their cats to strike a pose.

No comments: