Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, February 24, 2018

I have watched this movie 143 times and I'm always ready for another evening of "Grease." This is my favorite scene, when Travolta comes sliding in at the dance-off. I always mean to start wearing pink socks, and I always forget to buy some.
Something else I still love from the late 70s is the music of Cheap Trick. Remember how Mike Damone sold their concert tickets in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"? His pitch was, "How 'bout the tunes? I want you to want me.  The dream police Da-na-na-na-na-na. Your mama's all right, Your daddy's all right,  They just seem a little bit weird."  Yes, Cheap Trick, big fan, big fan.
I thought this was a very pretty mixture of flowers. 
I tell you, if you want a really COLD beer, rest the can in a snowdrift. I used to do this while grilling outside, and it's very chill.
I was disappointed the other night. This was supposed to be on the old movie channel the other night, but when I tuned in, they said, "'The Invisible Woman' will not be seen tonight."
The story on the news said that someone is developing a preventive medicine for peanut allergies, but after a year of exposure to escalating levels of peanut dust, the allergic person would be able to eat two peanuts without risk. I wonder if that's enough payoff.
Guilty. But at least I don't move my lips.
I will never again wear flip flops on the way to KFC or Popeyes.

No comments: