Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Saturday Picture Show, November 4, 2017

You know how some people are nuts about springtime photos? I'm that way in autumn.  You show me fallen leaves and greyish skies and I'm as good as there!
This is the table of contents I found online for the diary of a Civil War soldier.  You remember that as the war the South lost. Anyway, what I wouldn't give just to read the pages for December 18-21, 1863.
I saw this on Reddit - a guy took this picture at the Lincoln Memorial and the couple got away before he could offer them a way to get a print....if you know who they are, let Reddit know!
It seems the latest popular art medium is Melted Crayola. Do they still make my favorite (Burnt Sienna)?
Catsup makes its first appearance of the day here on the SPS as part of this traditional English breakfast. I see eggs, toast, sausages, bacon, baked beans, mushrooms and what I guess is some sort of hashed brown potato disc in the lower right. English friends, what say you?
About this time of year, it used to be a thing; you had to switch over to the snow tires so you could drive in the slush. But I never heard of this kind of tire, one with little rubber nubs all over that the dealer would grind off in summer. The General Tire Co is still in business, probably because they stopped having loony ideas like this.
Catsup is here again, along with bar-b-q sauce, salsa and mustard.  Why does this cow not give sour cream?
Image result for nachos bellgrande
This Monday, November 6, is National Nacho Day in the United States.  May you and yours have a blessed celebration, and hasta la vista!

No comments: