Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Saturday Picture Show, November 25, 2017


Confidentiality is no longer "assured." 


 "Minus four" now will have another meaning forever.
Can you imagine a time in our lives when there was but one flavor of Oreo? How e'er did we survive?
This thick rope, or hawser, heavy enough to moor a boat is also willing to serve as artistic material. 
When I worked on Saturdays, I could always count on seeing a sofa cushion or a dresser drawer alongside the main road on my way home.  But I never saw this before - clearly it's someone moving who does not wish to do so.
Somehow I see the words "Art student summer project" all over this.
"Honey...honey...did you find it yet...?"
If you've lived in Baltimore for a while, you likely heard radio shows that came from this very control room at the old WFBR studios on E. 20th St. To see the rathole that it's become is saddening, but AM radio is on life support. It's over.

No comments: