Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Cookie Cutter

There is nothing like a heartfelt apology.

But I'm not sure that this is anything like a heartfelt apology.

Celina Dally is a criminal justice student at McNeese State, down Louisiana way, and a couple of Saturdays ago, she found herself at a wine-tasting event.

I should say that others found her there, passed out in her friend's car.  Her friends were unable to rouse her, so they called the police to roust her.

Next thing anyone knew, especially she, Ms Dally was waking up in the stoney lonesome.  

So, instead of taking a bite out of crime, she tried to take a bite out of the police, namely Officer Guillory. So after the dust settled, she  decided to send the officer a cookie cake with the words "Sorry I tried to bite you!" neatly emblazoned thereupon.

"I felt horrible, that's all I could think about day in and day out, so I knew I had to do something about this," Dally told KPLC news. "Everybody loves a cookie cake so I said, 'I'll get him a cookie cake.'"

Everybody also loves not being bitten, but she didn't get him that.


This being America 2017, she put all this on Facebook, with the following mea culpa: 

"I felt horrible, that's all I could think about day in and day out, so I knew I had to do something about this."

I will bet you any amount of money that at least once, she told her friends that she was "like totally super sorry." 

She also took to the Book to admit she is not proud of the incident. She faces charges of public intoxication and battery of an officer.

Ever the public-minded soul, she also wants everyone to know that she got like tons of harassing messages after the incident, and finds cyberbullying just like totally yucky.

"Before I become irrelevant, I would like to just say ... that cyberbully is not ok," Dally posted.

Too late.

No comments: