Saturday, August 12, 2017

The Saturday Picture Show, August 12, 2017

The anniversary of this epic literary fracas is Tuesday, if you want to celebrate with me. I'll be using correct punctuation when I write to my friends, Peggy, and Chris Christie. See how important that final comma is?
Somewhere in America there is a newborn calf that wants to rock and roll all night and look like Gene Simmons every day.
I have friends in Egypt who I hope will help me on this if the information I researched is wrong. Remember reading how the the Nile River overflows its banks every year, and has done so since way back when. The overflow makes the surrounding area fertile, and ready for horticulture. But they need to predict how much water will be flowing. Too much, and there was flooding. Too little, and there was drought. The depth of the water on these steps would indicate how much water to predict would be soiling the banks. 
Back when I weighed next to nothing, I could eat my weight in Charles Chips and Charles Pretzels.  A guy brought a fresh can of each to the door every week.  Life was good.  Still is, but not one is pulling into our driveway with heavily salted snack chips.
Just about my favorite Law & Order cast from way back when. S. Epatha Merkerson, Chris Noth, Sam Waterston, Jerry Orbach, and Jill Hennessy made some great episodes, and they still play well today!
Down under, this little kangaroo baby was slightly burned in a forest fire.  Australian firefighters rescued him, dressed his wounds, and put a diaper on him so he could hang around the firehouse til he was ready to go back to his natural habitat.
And if you wind up in a Japanese hospital, this is what your meal tray looks like. 
Friday and Saturday, June 16 and 17, 1967. Where else would you want to be but at the legendary Fillmore Ballroom in San Francisco, hearing The Who ("from England")!? With a psychedelic light show and everything, man!

No comments: