Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Saturday Picture Show, March 21, 2015

This is my beloved Towson High School, my maroon-and-white alma mater.  I won't sit here and tell you that high school days were the happiest days of my life, but there is something about the memories and friendships we forged there that doesn't ever fade away. The stories I could tell (and often do...)
You know, they say fish are very intelligent creatures because they swim in schools.  It looks like these Manta Rays are wearing their mortarboards for graduation.
Something about the flat earth and the hearty welcome sign tells me we're right in the middle of the Midwest here.
 I'm hoping someone can tell me what flower this is, because it's not a daisy or a rose, so I'm out.  Anyone?
Am I the only one who feels a little weird on elevated highway ramps like this?
I don't even mind bridges, but that ramp from northbound I-95 to the outer loop of
695, you feel like you're in that car from the end of "Grease" with John Travolta
and Olivia Newton-Dazeem.

Sometimes, for all the tender juicy steaks and tangy ribs and saucy pastas and succulent bar-b-q chicken in the world, nothing will do but a good old sandwich on 127-grain bread, with sprouts and tomatoes and all like that.  Uh Huh!
The caption was a little unclear.  This is either Cookie's Restaurant in Chino, California, or Chino's Restaurant in Cookie, California. Either way, you know they served nothing fancy, but the burgers were probably out of this world.
Here is the little schedule they used to hand out at liquor stores for the very first year of Orioles baseball. It's almost time for the 2015 season. Play Ball!


No comments: