Thursday, August 13, 2020

Tall Story

My Eddie The Cat likes to do this thing in which I'm sitting on my stool in the kitchen and she jumps up on me and climbs on my shoulder and demands to be taken for a walk around the house, thus staking her claim as The Tallest Cat In The World.

When I stand up straight, that puts Eddie up at around 6' 5" (that's about 196 cm for our metric friends) so the chances are, she is rightfully entitled to her claim.  (And who's going to tell her she isn't, anyway?)



But even Eddie, and I, and Shaquille O'Neal, my fellow member of the Rhyming Name Club, must bow before the amazing tall Forrest The Giraffe! It takes more than three six-foot measuring tapes to record his height.  He's 18 feet, 8 inches tall! 



Read about him in the  Guinness Book of World Records.


Giraffes don't usually go much more than 18 feet, but Forrest, a happy resident of the Australia Zoo, goes beyond that.
And the article says he has fathered 12 calves. That reminded me of Screamin' Jay Hawkins, the eccentric singer of "I Put A Spell On You," who is said, depending on whose account you go with, to have fathered between 33 and 75 children, .
As someone once said, that would account for the screaming.

No comments: