Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Added Attraction

I pose this question around the first of September every year, as thousands - tens of thousands! - flock to S'bucks and Drunkin' to get their pumpkin spice coffee.

I say, if you want your coffee to taste like coffee with pumpkin in it, why not get a can of pumpkin from the supermarket (canned fruit aisle) and stir a spoonful of orange gourdiness and some pumpkin pie spice (spice aisle) into your mocha java? You would then have pumpkin spice covfefe, without all the chemicals that the fake PS coffee has.

I always get the same answer...variations of "that wouldn't work" or "Ewwww." And then I say, have you tried it? 

"No."

I'm also astonished at the people who are all excited by Old Bay Goldfish, or potato chips, or whatever snack gets dusted with our beloved local crab-and-seafood seasoning.


I've been adding Old Bay to unsalted potato chips and Goldfish since forever. I never thought to ask for permission.

I have to say, the only cereals I like are plain oatmeal and plain granola. I know there are "instant" oatmeals with added maple flavor and about 27 flavors of granola. Not needed! Just sell the plain stuff and let people garnish their cereal with whatever they wish.

Life is simple, but the big corporations keep complicating it.

No comments: