Monday, March 20, 2023

Kitchen Wishin'

Foolish of me to wait until the last day of winter to share this, but it's something I stumbled upon and, I don't know, maybe I'm the last person on earth to realize this, and you've all been waiting for me to get with it, and now you can all say, "Finally!"

But it's winter until this afternoon, and still a bit chilly here in Baltimore, and that means even if you take nice hot food out of the oven or off the stovetop, if you "plate" it (one of those cool terms that people use instead of saying "plopping your steak on the dish") on a plate right out of the cupboard, that plate will be cold, and the food will get cold really quickly.

So what I've been doing is nuking the naked plates for 30 seconds just before I plop the chow on them. If it keeps the sausage and grits snug and warm, and keeps the toast toasty, it's all for the better.

So go ahead, now. If you've been doing this for years since you first got that behemoth Litton microwave in the 1970s (along with the 64-page "Microwave Magic" cookbook), welcome me to the Last-To-Know Club.

Should have used a BAG!

I love the microwave for popping popcorn in a little paper poke, reheating my tea if it cooled off while we worked the Wordle, and removing uncancelled stamps from letters received. Call me cheap, but postage sure isn't! 

No comments: