Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Saturday Picture Show, March 18, 2023

 

So, how come Jack Nicholson was so skillful in swinging an axe in "The Shining"? Easy - we was trained as a firefighter in the Air Force!  He did weekend drills and two-week camp at the Fire unit based at the Van Nuys Airport. The prop people had made a door for this scene that was easily broken, but Jack made it look too simple. They had to bring in a regular door for the final scene. 
As Crack The Sky put it in "Long Nights", "You know this happens every day...people come and people go away..." Fate has a script all written for us. All we have to do is show up every day and play our part. 

 
I'm one of those who remembers the quieter people passing notes in class. I tended, then as now, to make my communications audible. But what's with this school Nancy and Sluggo attended? Looks like there were several hundred kids in the class.
It's not only the reactionary governor of Florida that makes me shy away from that state. More than DeSantis, it's the thought of living with creatures like this that keep me up north.
Were you expecting me to make a joke like saying this would be a great cover page for a high school yearbook called The Sands Of Time? I would!
The look on this mom's face - two screaming little peeps to feed, and this nest is a MESS!
Let's go, Brendan!
I once looked up from the rack of reduced books I was sifting through at Borders to find myself sharing space with Baltimore's own Sultan of Sleaze, The Baron of Bad Taste, the Lutherville Libertine, the great John Waters. No one represents Baltimore better, hon!
The Baltimore Kite Festival is next Saturday the 25th at Patterson Park, noon til 4 PM. Come on down, no strings attached. Hey. I mean...
It's either that Justin is deliberately fooling us, or he is not aware of the irony here. I'm going with "A" but it could be either. Now, here are The Vogues, with "Turn Around, Look At Me."



No comments: