Saturday, November 3, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, November 3, 2018

Last weekend's Nor'easter caused flooding in New Jersey, and some of the pumpkins got a little carried away with it.
I think you can never go wrong by looking at a picture of a lavender field.
Baltimore is pretty in the morning, down by the harbor, before all the trouble begins. Which it will.
The famous scene from the first Rocky, when Rocky says, “I can’t see nothing, gotta open my eye. Cut me, Mick. Go on, cut me” came back to me the other day when CBS had a story about a woman who is the first "cut woman" in boxing history. The cut man, as it were, has been a vital part of any boxer's corner since they gave up trying to figure out why they call a square fighting area a "ring."
Another sad sign of the times. Death came to call for a 40-year old firm in my home town this week when Record and Tape Traders announced plans to close down at Christmastime. Back in the day, you could take your used copy of "Grand Funk Live Album" and trade it for a new James Gang album, and now I just lost the attention of everyone under 60. This store was below Jos A. Bank, where we'd get those brick-red, lemon-yellow and grass-green pants.
Please don't ask me to pass the "ketchup." It's CATSUP, consarn it!
Somehow, I get the feeling that the guys in the red jerseys won.
Pumpkin? Make mine sweet potato, please! And pass the Reddi-Wip!

No comments: