Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Saturday Picture Show, September 9, 2017

If you have the vivid imagination of a writer or filmmaker, this picture of a Louisiana swamp already has you thinking of plots and characters and the like, and all I can think of is, I am so glad I don't live anywhere near a swamp.
From Hurricane Andrew, 1992: the flamingoes at the Miami Zoo rode out the storm in a zoo restroom. Let's hope this weekend turns out to be the biggest change of weather plans in weather history down there and the whole Irma thing just goes away.
You COULD buy a wooden spoon at the Dollar Tree or you could carve your own...
Speaking of storms past and present, here's a plywood shutter that is currently riding out its third hurricane in Florida. 
I recently switched from a digital watch to an analog, and do you know what? It takes half a second to figure out what time the hands are telling me it is...
He would be 81 today but his music is still great. That's Buddy Holly on the left, Charles Hardin Holley by birth name, with his high school girlfriend Echo McGuire (Griffith), who is still with us. I am crazy about the name "Echo" for a girl, in case you're looking for ideas...
Here's a great idea that will save all back scratchees the pain of saying, "A little to the left...down...now to the right..." Just give the coordinates of where it itches! I'm an H3/H4 guy.
You know what else I am crazy about? Honesty in signs. No one wants to work tonight? Fine, close up early. Reminds me of the person who once called 911 at 11:45 one night and said, "Oh good! You're still open..."

No comments: