Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Saturday Picture Show, August 31, 2013

 Well now...let's see...I love to see gorillas doing whatever, I love saxophone music, I enjoy balloons and I love parties.  I'm all in for this one, but I can't call the number so finely painted on this abandoned door (see: hinges) because they did not put the area code on there, for the love of Pete!
 Not far from us there is one of those karate schools.  They advertise that they will pick up the kids from school, take them to the karate school and let them burn off all the pent-up energy that reading The Brothers Karamazov stores within them, and then take them home. The kids, not the Karamazov brothers.  They can find their own way home.  Well, one day, I was on my way home, not from a karate class, but I counted myself among the fortunate when that van, full of kids, passed me on the right, zoomed along the shoulder of the road, and rocked back into traffic going only slighter more slowly than a NASCAR hotshot.  You might want to check into these things before sending your kids to such a place.  And yes, I did call the school and let them know.  I figured I owed the children and their parents that much.
 Someone at Hoover High school should be held responsible for this giant banner through which the varsity will be crashing.
Tonight, the University of Alabama Crimson Tide kicks off the college football season, taking on Virginia Tech on ESPN (5:30 EDT).  By the way, in case you were planning on betting against the Tide this year, the Vegas oddsmakers have made them the favorite to win every game they play this year. Roll Tide!

No comments: