Thursday, October 3, 2024

All Rise!

Not trying to start trouble in your house, but you might want to ask that college graduate in the family if they believe that Judith Sheindlin, aka “Judge Judy,” is an Associate Justice on our "Supreme" Court.


Almost 10% of recent college graduates believe that she is, the reason I bring it up.

I prefer to take my daily dose of justice from Her Honor, Judge Lauren Lake, but a lot of those smarty-pants college kids think Judy is up there with Clarence Thomas and the rest of them.

I wonder if Clarence thinks so?

Other disturbing data from the survey shows that a mere 28.4% of grads know that James Madison was the father of the Constitution. 58% of them think Thomas Jefferson was the progenitor of the Constitution, instead of identifying him as the principal writer for the Declaration of Independence.

Want more?

  • 60% of college grads don't know how a constitutional amendment is ratified
  • 40% drew a blank when asked who has the power to declare war (Congress)
  • fewer that half of them know where presidential impeachments are tried (The Senate)

I know stuff from the olden days because I was that kid who sat around reading the almanac and the dictionary. But there are many things I don't know, such as how to understand people who don't want to know things. 







No comments: