Thursday, November 30, 2023

"If silence be good for the wise, how much better for fools!"

Can there be a bigger fool than a billionaire who gets caught driving under the affluence and blames it on being white and wealthy?

Of course, I am talking about Jim Irsay, owner of the Indianapolis NFL Team formerly known as the Baltimore Colts. He got popped in March of 2014 for DUI and now, almost ten years later, claims that the police have it in for him because he's a rich Caucasian.

Jimbo comes by his asininity quite honestly. He inherited the team from his father, Bob, a drunken lout whose own mother called him "the devil on earth" for stealing money from his parents. Bob himself denied his Jewish heritage and called himself "a good Catholic boy." 

I remember seeing young Jimmy at the Colts practices long ago. People felt sorry for him. The coaches used him as a gopher, bringing water and footballs to the field. 

But now he goes on television and claims that the nasty policeman stopped him just because he was driving at a slooooooooooooooow rate of speed, stopped his car in the middle of a road, and failed to signal a turn. Subsequently, he failed field sobriety tests (one of which should be saying "failed field sobriety tests" five times really fast) and the police found narcotics in his car.

Oh, poor me. 

“I am prejudiced against because I’m a rich, white billionaire,” Irsay told HBO’s Andrea Kremer. “If I’m just the average guy down the block, they’re not pulling me in, of course not.”

Jimbo, do you think people will buy this claim that the police picked on you for being rich and chalky?

 “I don’t care what it sounds like,” Irsay said. “It’s the truth ... I could give a damn what people think how anything sounds or sounds like. The truth is the truth, and I know the truth.”

The truth includes the fact that he has been to rehab 15 times.

I don't want him driving down my street.  And can't he just shut his piehole a minute?

1 comment:

Andrew W. Blenko said...

🙄🙄🙄