Saturday, April 23, 2022

The Saturday Picture Show, April 23, 2022

 

I see the young cool people online using the word "goals" to denote things they would like to have in their lives. "Squad" goals, "couple" goals, "car" goals. So in that spirit, I present to you my library goals, the collection of Johns Hopkins professor Dr Richard Macksey. If I had this many books, I would never leave the house again!
From Hershey, PA: Chocolatetown USA, where even the street lights are shaped like Hershey's kisses!
One day he was on top of the chart, but before that, he was working at the Pump 'N' Go! But no matter what, he's never gonna fill you up.
Puckish architects have their little fun, giving houses certain human qualities!
I don't know how comfortable it would be to sit here, but you'd sure have something to talk about while you squirmed!
Which building is newer? But, which building is more interesting to see?
Good to see Waldo again!
Many people will be surprised to see that sewing kits originally come packed full of Danish cookies!
One shopper tries to make up his mind about what seed to bring home to the family.
Top Cat was only on tv for one year! The 1961-62 season was it for him and his feline companions and their nemesis, Officer Dibble. But my acculturation ended in 1962, so I am right there with him to this day.  "Top Cat! The indisputable leader of the gang...He's the boss, he's a VIP, he's a championship!" He had a vest, four whiskers, and a porkpie hat, thereby setting style trends for alley cats that endure to this day.



No comments: