Saturday, May 2, 2020

The Saturday Picture Show, May 2, 2020

We've been hearing about animals retaking the land we took away from them. Now that we humans are huddled in our huts and mansions, these sheep in Ebbw Vale, Wales, are hanging around McD's, wondering where we are.

Every time I see one of those big cranes hoisting stuff at construction sites, I always wonder how it would be to be at the controls. It looks complicated, so no, thanks.

I'm already looking forward to tomato season!
I get the biggest bang out of trees that have fallen in the wild and are just allowed to be what they are going to be. Sometimes a bridge, sometimes a host for lichens. You never know.
This is what it looks like when a bald eagle has been to 7 different stores for tp and Lysol wipes and came home empty handed, or empty taloned, as it were.
All I know is that this is in Virginia somewhere. It looks like a set of giant plaster busts of presidents past, sort of an east coast Mt Rushmore, but not. It's true that Andrew Jackson came between Washington and Lincoln chronologically, but hardly in terms of the veneration in which he is held. Old Hickory looks more like Marty Stuart here, if you ask me.
I don't know what it was that caught my eye with this picture. It's an alley that goes on for miles and miles. Not long ago, in our county's east side, a developer developed a development of houses with alleys behind them and detached garages in the back yard. I don't know how popular they were, but I haven't seen any similar building that I recall, so...
This is sort of one of those now and then photos. The top shows freight being moved in and out of the warehouse at Camden Yards, downtown Baltimore, and the bottom shows what it looks like there when a crowd attends a baseball game, which might happen again in July, or who knows? If those walls could talk, huh?

No comments: