Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Ya gotta play

Do you play the lottery, scratch the scratchers? You gotta play to win, that's the lotto motto. Those of us who sit home and make a pillow out of our money are never going to win a boatload of it and stuff a sofa with long green.

I'm thinking the reason I don't gamble my money on lottery balls is that I don't get messages from beyond the grave, or even on Instagram, reminding me to get to the gas station and plunk down a ten spot.

But now comes word that a woman from our delightful Maryland won a $50,000 prize after receiving a message from her aunt!

Don't look for anything wild here. The message from her auntie was, "Don't forget to buy tickets for the 50X The Cash scratcher game!




And she ran on down to the gas station, plunked down a sawbuck. and now she's in for $50,000

"I became weak and pale, and almost passed out," she recalled. One can imagine. But she says she is going to take the pile and buy a new car, so she can keep going to the gas station!

Hey, you never know, you know?


 

1 comment:

Andrew W. Blenko said...

You’ve also got to play to lose, and the odds are against you