Monday, October 9, 2023

Taylor Made

I have quoted this guy before, but it bears repeating: the scene in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" in which Steve Martin is racing for a cab and is just beaten out for one by a guy to whom he says he's in a terrible hurry to get to the airport. The guy tries to make a deal...

            Sir? Sir?

            Excuse me.

            Could I appeal to your good nature and ask you for your cab?

            I don't have a good nature. Excuse me.

            Come on!

            Could I offer you $10 ?... I'll give you $20.

            I'll take  50.

            All right.

            Anyone who would pay $50  for a cab would certainly pay $75 .


   And he pays $75 for a cab! Money money money.

The difference between people like that and me and my friends (and anyone who would be my friend) is that we don't think of money day and night.

Now I see the fashion world is being knocked on its mannequins by Taylor Swift and her relationship with this Kelce person. 

And the big news, the topic of discussion, is not whether they are good for each other or have any kind of future together, no sir. It's all about the short pants she was wearing the other night at the football game.


What they are, see, is a pair Area nameplate hot shorts.

They look like the jorts I see all summer, maybe with a bit of the Bedazzler treatment. 

People noticed she was walking around in these pants and now you can't find a pair to buy for yourself to save your life.

 Women's Wear Daily reports that Mods Sens, and Farfetch are only two of the   websites that regularly sell Area products, and they are moving off the shelves like ...hot pants that Taylor Swift would wear. She's that popular.

They say these hot shorts have diamond embellishments front and derrière, with appliques around the zipper and the front pocket. On the back, the brand name is spelled out in appliques. Very elegant. 

I had a pair of jeans that had no diamonds or appliques, and the only embellishment on those pants was a Keep On Truckin' patch.


Oh, and if you can find of pair of Taylor shorts online or in a store, plan to shell out $695 for them.

That's what I mean...someone WILL!


 


No comments: