Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Saturday Picture Show, April 22, 2023

 

I don't know if they still use this as a first-grade textbook. I remember being disappointed in the thin plots and sketchy character development.
Remember the old tale they told kids about the stork bringing them in the world? Well, friends, this is a shoebill stork, and from the nutty look in his eyes, he has seen a lot of things, and will share them over a nice bowl of porridge.
This is popcorn, and I'll betcha it would look great popped up with salt and butter on it. It's called "Glass Gem" corn, and this was grown by a Cherokee farmer. The corn is a mix of ancient Pawnee, Osage and Cherokee varieties.
This is the town of Centurion in Sicily, Italy. I have to believe there are lots of stories about people wandering around there!
We've all seen video of new ships being launched and the vessel flops in the water and rocks back and forth before settling in at anchor. Random thought: How cool would it be to be inside the ship hanging on a like a madman as all that happens?
"Are you close to being at the end of your rope?" "I am a frayed knot." 
And when King Kat arrived, the people bowed down to him in humble supplication, begging for his favor. And they brought him fresh fish, and tureens filled with kibble, and sparkling water direct from Lake Como, and like the true king he is, he ate two bites and fell asleep until dinner.
I have for years favored the spelling "Catsup" over "Ketchup" because I am just impossible, but now, this old Libby's ad gives me the option of asking for "Catchup" and I believe I will.
What could be sweeter for 100-year-old Oriole fan Regina Moyer than to come down to the field before a game and get the grip-and-grin from manager Brandon Hyde? Happy Birthday, Ms Moyer!
This is the "American Food" section of an English supermarket. How about that! They have Old Bay seasoning and Jiffy muffin mix. Baltimore is all over the world!

No comments: