Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Saturday Picture Show, March 23, 2019

I am fascinated with the life story of Hal Blaine, the greatest drummer of them all, who passed away last week. How do you learn to play that well? He did it this way: he attended drum school from 8 am til 4 pm daily and then had two whole hours of free time before going to work as the drummer in a strip club from 6 pm til 2 am. After that, being the ghost drummer for Gary Lewis And The Playboys (and a thousand other bands) must have seemed easy...
I don't have any idea what this artist is trying to say, if anything, but I do know that Joan Crawford would have loved this.
And this is a greatly magnified look at a dragonfly with raindrops all over him/herself.
My buddy Fran, King of All Locksmiths, will probably agree with my theory that the person who installed the grab handle on this door was a totally different person from the one who installed the lock.
We celebrated St Patrick's Day with Reuben sandwiches, and if that ain't the best example of e pluribus unum, I don't know what is.
"You can't tell the players without a scorecard," said the vendors outside Forbes Field in Pittsburgh as they sold these programs outside Pirates games in the 1930s for a dime. I love the slogan on the Planters Jumbo Blocks ad: "Ask the boy to sock you one." I can only assume that young vendors went around the park, selling peanut candy blocks, but who else ever heard of referring to "selling you" something as "socking you" something? Must be a Pittsburgh thing.
Don't @ me with "well, you eat beef," but I saw video of a guy killing a sleeping lion with his rifle, and if you support killing that lion or this tiger with her cub or an elephant just to have something on your wall, it says here that you should be on some animal's trophy wall, just to keep it fair.
This week's clever idea is starting your seeds in a thoroughly biodegradable container such as an ice cream cone. Cool sprouting!

No comments: