Saturday, June 2, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, June 2, 2018

This was a crowd gathered in Baltimore, fifty years ago this coming week, to say goodbye to Robert F. Kennedy as the slain senator and presidential candidate was carried to his grave by train.
You've seen this sign before, but not looking like this. The city of Las Vegas, improbable home of a pro hockey team that in its first year is in the finals for the Stanley Cup, changed their welcome sign to all lower case letters because their Golden Knights are playing the Washington CAPS!
I saw this and thought it was a bowl of hominy, but no, it's sodium chloride, what my native people call "NaCl." Take that with a grain of salt.
As jolly as these gummy bears may appear, I'd chew on tar before I'd eat one. But I know a lot of people love them!
Almost every week here, I find a use for a quote attributed to Yogi Berra, who may have been the first to dispense the wise advice, "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
We've had a week of intense humidity and rain, and I remind you that all we have to do is suffer through June, July, August, September, and October and then November will be here.
This week's "What the heck is THAT?" picture is a high close of a favorite treat served with butter and syrup and sausage and bacon and Leggo My Eggo!
My God, Martha! Run for your life! I-I-It's ALIVE!!!!!

No comments: