Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, March 17, 2018

I thought this might make a nice wallpaper for the phone or tablet. 
They pushed back the dates of the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, but things should be all a-bloom very soon!
A woman named Marina Amarol colorized this old (early 1900s) photo of what they call the "Banana Dock" in New York City. It always amazes me that people wore suits and ties for every single activity in those days.
I don't know if this is legit, but the story is that Tom Hanks was out having a cold one with some friends, saw this guy drunk on his ax, and took a picture with his phone.  What a surprise, when he looked in his gallery the next day!
This is the left baseball shoe of rightfielder Josh Reddick of the World Champion Astros.  Only pair of shoes I ever saw that pay homage to another pair of shoes. You don't see PF Flyers so much anymore, but I hope we see plenty of pictures of these shoes!
Happy St Patrick's Day! This is how they used to make corned beef sandwiches at the Carnegie Deli in New York, which is now out of business. The deli, not the city. I guess people thought they were skimping on their sandwiches.
I can't even figure out how to fold a fitted sheet, and Nature knows how to fold snow neatly. How fair is that?
Ever had to go so badly that you're standing on one leg waiting your turn? 

No comments: