Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, January 20, 2018

Hooray for Hollywood, where movie magic put these wooden lifts on Humphrey Bogart's shoes so that, at 5' 8" (and that's generous), he could tower over 5' 9" Ingrid Bergman in "Casablanca."  
I always wanted a bathroom with a hot-air hand dryer, and now I want one of these showers.  Can you just imagine how great this would be?
I don't know who Mr. Guy Malone was, or where the diner was that featured this menu, but I would have loved to go there just so someone could ask if I wanted the Mr Guy Malone special and I could say, "Not tonight.  I'll have the haddock." 
Grandma Millie got to the Vikings/Saints playoff game the other day, and some are attributing the miracle Vikes victory in the last second to the fact that she wants to attend a Super Bowl, to be played there, for her 100th birthday. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell hooked her up with two ducats. Now the Vikings have to beat the Eagles to get there. Does she have another miracle in her?
I could fool you and say this is the grand salon of the Hotel De Luxe, built at the height of the Art Deco days, but I have to be honest and tell you this is the inside of an acoustic guitar.
Some people thought they were being clever, folding the tip money for their server to look like a tiny shirt and a tiny elephant. But more than anything, this looks like a tip left by a cheap bahstahd. You want to do origami for a server, use 5s or 10s, sport.
If you have ever worked in an office - heck, if you have ever worked, you know how Peter felt after he took time away from the office race. After this, he was ready to meet the Bobs. 
The original photo from 1932 shows steelworkers building the Empire State Building, and here are some current-day guys in Chicago recreating the picture. I'll skip lunch, thanks.

No comments: