Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Six-Word Memoir

I was tagged by a blogger I love, Kat, from http://katry.blogspot.com. Her blog is called "Keep The Coffee Coming," and I read it every day with never a trace of jitters. So I'll accept the tagulation, and here's the assignment:

Write your own six word memoir.

Rowan at Fortify Your Oasis challenged his readers to do this because he was challenged by Grannymar who was challenged by Alice.

Post it on your blog, including an illustration if you’d like.

Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so that it can be tracked as it travels across the blogosphere.

Tag at least five more blogs with links.

Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

Here goes mine:
Winter
cold
Spring
Peggy
love
blooms

Now, here's what's funny. If you know me, you probably hear me use words such as garrulous, prolix or voluble to define myself in terms of speech habits. Many might say, "He sure can talk." Or the always-popular, "He was vaccinated with a phonograph needle." I've tried my hand at haiku, but there's a real art in minimalism that escapes me completely. So I don't think this is such a good six-word memoir, but it rings true to me. Out of necessity, it omits a lot of chapters from my life and references only the pre-Peggy chill that life gave me, and the joy that love has brought me continuously since the day fate joined our hearts.

I tried to go for the Burma-Shave school of poetry one time and couldn't even shorten my spiel enough to turn out great verses such as:
HENRY THE EIGHTH / SURE HAD / TROUBLE / SHORT TERM WIVES / LONG TERM STUBBLE
Please read the greatest memoir of all time when you get a chance. Genius neurotic anxious pianist Oscar Levant (hey! that's a six-word autobio for you!) wrote Memoirs Of An Amnesiac, which I re-read more or less annually, along with The Catcher In The Rye and On The Road.

The following beloved bloggers are tagged:

Laura
Jamie
Abby
Sarah
Anne

I'll email y'all.










5 comments:

stinky said...

http://tinyurl.com/27evfq
Mission accepted and completed.

Kat said...

Hey Mark,
How about those Orioles!!!

Rose Cupelli, Sutton Whoolery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Cupelli, Sutton Whoolery said...

Born
Married
Birthed
Divorced
Birthed
Married
Birthed

Rose Cupelli, Sutton Whoolery said...

That was seven I guess I could have just put 5 down and for my 6th I could have put repeat.....