Thursday, September 7, 2023

Brrrrrrrr

I'm not going to lie (I never do!) I detest summer for the heat and humidity and bugs and everything else. And I love winter for the cold and snow and sleet and ice and chills, and no bugs.

I realize this makes me an outlier, but we are fortunate to live in Maryland, where we traditionally get to enjoy all four seasons and the varying types of weather each brings. 


But lately, the winters have been mild, like March begins right after Halloween and there hasn't been enough snow to shake a broom at. All that might be changing, if you put any stock in the forecast from the Old Farmer's Almanac, which I always do when I like what they predict.

They're saying it will be a "seasonable winter with snow and cold" and that's all I want to hear. They anticipate normal or above average snow totals with “just the right amount of chill in the air,” especially in Midwest and Northeast states. Their map puts us directly on the dividing line between a mild winter down south and a cold and snowy one here.

Time to start stocking up on bread, milk, and toilet paper!

 

No comments: