Wednesday, March 8, 2023

"Don't cheat, son, but let me show you how to..."

I like to remember the old expression about "how the twig is bent, so grows the tree." I think it's the example we set - they call it "modeling" today - for the younger ones that gives them something to live up to later, or something to live down.

We present the Kelly family, out of Fernandina Beach, Florida. Their son Kannon (!?) is three, and not quite tall enough to get on the rides at Dizzyworld. They have a strict policy down at that sun-baked paradise - one must be 38" inches tall - but Kannon's parents, Ty and Haley, came up with the perfect solution. Rather than telling Kannon that he would have to wait until he was tall enough to meet the safety requirements of the attraction, they togged him out in elevator shoes, like politicians wear, for the same reason.

Not only that, but they went on Instagram and Tik Tok and Doo Dad and any other site they could find to brag a little about getting over on The Mouse.

And of course, social media residents accused the Kellys of being Kareless where Kannon was Koncerned and said they failed to meet with minimum Kwality standards for Konscientious Kare of the youth.

(OK I got it out of my system now).

The Kellys took down the video and apologized all over the place.

"We are truly sorry about the whole situation," Ty Kelly tells TODAY.com. "I want my kids to know that parents follow the rules and we are trying to raise them right. In this situation, we bent the rules and I don’t want that to be my legacy."


So work with me a minute, TikTok Ty...you want your kid to know his parents follow the rules, and you post videos of you and the missus showing him how to cheat the rules?

Howzat work?


 

1 comment:

Andrew W. Blenko said...

Exactly…. Do as you please and apologize later.