Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Saturday Picture Show, July 31, 2021

 

Sometimes we think of a white whale as just a really big fish, so when you see one swimming underneath a dinghy, the perspective hits you. And, after years of waiting, I finally had a reason to use the word "dinghy"!
My geographical non-knowledge is stunning. I did not know there was a desert in China, so of course I never suspected there was an Oasis there.
Talk about a win-win: this guy turned his lawn over to his wife (no more mowing!) and she has a garden where she raises vegetables for a food kitchen.
I love old barns, but I guess I should have loved this one a few years sooner.
It's hard to believe that the man who created the happiest place on earth had no place for women in some of his departments. This is why laws had to be written to make this sort of discrimination illegal.
On the other hand, I am heartened to see young men standing up for their female classmates in dress code hassles. They stood strong and refused to skirt the issue.
Did I ever tell you that I own George Washington's hatchet? I inherited it years ago. Of course, my great uncle Woody sharpened the head so often that it wore down to a tiny nub and had to be replaced, and then, late in the 1910s, someone broke the handle, and he got a new one, but this is George's for sure!
"Do something that makes you laugh." OK. I read this and chortled about the face mask. I do drink a tall glass of lemon water every morning, and I eat a colorful plant based meal often, if you count beef tacos. 
OK, this is the cake I want for my next birthday, and as a gift, I want a charcoal drawing of myself as rendered by a courtroom sketch artist.
A group of peacocks is called a muster!

No comments: