Tuesday, January 9, 2024

T & A Valuetainment

I'm not one to talk about looks, because, well, while People Magazine and GQ do have me on speed dial, that's just to try to sell me subscriptions, because I am not in the running for anyone's Most Handsome List.

And that's ok with me, because I would rather make it with whatever brains or work ethic I might have rather than being adored for my appearance.

And no less an expert on the topic than Alina Habba, an attorney for politician and comedian Donald Trump, recently weighed in on the topic to say that she feels her "good looks" (no false humility there!) "are more important than her intelligence," and the reason for this is that she can "fake being smart."

“I don’t think I’d be on T.V. or sitting here if I didn’t look the way I look,” Ms Habba said the other day. “It doesn’t hurt to be good looking.”

She was appearing on what seems to be a Titanic meeting of the minds - the PBD Podcast  - and co-host Bryan Callen asked her about her appearance, specifically why such an experienced, cosmopolitan Man Of The World such as Trump  - an "alpha male" in Callen's eyes - would choose her to represent him in a $250 million fraud case.

“He picks a smart, feminine, capable woman,” Callen said.

(I interrupt this cerebral colloquy to point out that this podcast calls itself "The most Valuetaining (Value + Entertaining) page for independent thinkers." So there you have it.)

Callen continued his skillful interview: “How much of you being an attractive, smart, do you think played into that?”  

And Ms Habba declaimed at length, saying that she is NOT a feminist and would rather be pretty than smart because, “When you’re good looking, that’s great. I can fake being smart."

We can only wonder when she will begin doing so.



 

No comments: