Thursday, January 12, 2023

Dry wit

Someone once said something along the lines of "any amount of work can be accomplished, as long as it's not what you're supposed to be doing at the time."

It makes sense, then, that whoever said that was supposed to be doing something else when that thought occurred to him or her. I'm in the clear; I am not supposed to be doing anything anytime, which gives me lots of time to think about stuff.

I take as many as two or three showers per day, so it stands to reason that I have a lot of drying off to do (because I'm all wet, see?) And that can take a while. I don't think terrycloth towels are all we need, because I still find myself a little dampish even after toweling off a while. They say that high-cost Turkish towels are superior in soak-ability, even as they grow softer over the years, and they fold flat, taking up much less space than terry. 

But I can't just toss my old towels away or turn them over to the animal shelter, because they are a fine matched set, with "DO NOT REMOVE / HOTEL PROPERTY" delicately embroidered on them.

I put my brain to work on this, once I had toweled it off. You know how you go through the car wash, and after the sudsin' and rinsin' and all that, suddenly you're in a huge huff of hot air, drying off the Corolla just ever so? Why can't we have something like that in our shower rooms, a huge fan showering us with warm concentrated air that will have us shiny and dry in a jiffy?

                                        Home version needed!

I leave this here for some brilliant young person to pick up and run with. Just promise to install one of the first units right here at the Lazy 'C' Ranch and I'll be happy. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I don't know how many other girls/females are thinking it, but I'll say it. That would make the biggest, frizziest mess of my hair! So, no thank you. I continue with towels and drying off the old fashioned-y way.