Saturday, September 17, 2022

The Saturday Picture Show, September 17, 2022

 

Just what we needed... a mug with instructions!
Nine years ago this week, this young man fell asleep at a White House event. The coolest president ever knew what to do.
Always on the lookout for something to read, I've puzzled over labels for years. I've seen mustard labeled as "fancy" mustard (as opposed to sloppy) and "salad" mustard (as in who puts mustard on a salad?) So now we are faced with "heavy duty" mayonnaise, and what are we to make of it? 
Readers of a certain age will remember the line in Tommy James's song "Draggin' The Line": "My dog Sam eats purple flowers; ain't got much but what we got's ours." In the sandhills of North Carolina, I don't know where the bees are going for pollen, but they make purple honey.
The annual debate about whether to rake the lawn in autumn will start up soon, pitting teenagers on the "no" side versus their parents standing there with rakes in their hands. 
Before Jack Frost starts nipping at your nose, these chestnuts will be ready for roasting on an open fire.
The latest in my series of barns that need just a little handyman touch to get them all spruced up again.
I am always flabbergasted when someone tells me they don't like coconut, but there are a lot of people who really can't stand it. One of my favorite snack treats is a spoonful of shredded coconut and some almonds...no need for chocolate for my Almond Joys.
When you get that bag of walnuts, remember, this is what they look like when they're fresh off the tree. They remind me of brains.
This whimsical rain gutter system is really impressive. I'd love to see it in action during a real downpour.

No comments: