Monday, May 13, 2019

Back in business!

It's been a while since I blogulated, so I am easing back into it. I know that sounds like I'm coming back from 5-way bypass surgery or a bad case of nepotism, but in fact, all I'm doing is learning to deal with a brand-new computer and finding where everything is on it.

But slowly but surely, it's coming along. It turns out, you can teach an old dog new tricks, but he has to be housebroken, and willing.  And I am at least one of them.

I also treated myself to a new desk chair the other night while traipsing around IKEA.  If you don't have an IKEA around you, you really ought to move to where there is one. (If you're outside the USA, there are IKEAs all over the world, which is good, because the official US of A gov't stance is that we are full. Or something.

You veterans IKEAns know about how they work.  You parade around a huge store - so big that you might burn off your whole supper, and need to stop for another one. It's all right. They have a cafe and you can fill up on Swedish meatballs and veggies and salad and soup and cornbread before wading back out into the aisles. When you find the chair (or table or tv stand or bed or I don't know what-all else) you want, you take a picture of where to report>>> in the vast storage area to claim your whatever, then you do so, pay for it and schlep it home for assembly.

I have to tell you something that amazed me about the chair. IKEA furniture comes with a wordless instruction manual - pictures only tell the story of what gerschklugen goes where.  They even give you an Allen wrench to assemble it, and a bit to go in your VSR drill if you wish to be fast.

But as I finished putting the chair together, I said, it would be nice to have somewhere to stash this Allen wrench, just in case I need to tighten something up someday.  (Insert joke here.)

The last pictograph shows that they had the amazing idea to put a zipper on the seatback, and inside there is a little slot to hold the wrench. >>>



Ready to roll me around

Now, you tell me. What's Swedish for "amazing"?

No comments: