Sunday, January 23, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

I used to do this, and I am going to do it again.  I had a watch with about ten alarm settings, more than I needed, and I set one to go off at a certain time every day.  When the alarm went off, as I reached my left hand to stop the right wristwatch from beeping, I would think of something to be grateful for.  And I restricted myself to thinking of something new every day, because, as easy as it would be to just say "Oh I give thanks for Peggy for how she looks after me and does so much for me and us and my Mom, and always with a smile, too" but I could say that every day and the goal is to vary my gratitude.

Maybe I'll decide to do it every morning as I lumber outside to retrieve the Sunpaper from wherever it wound up. I feel good when I do this, and I don't know why I stopped.

Will you join me?  It's simple - it's low-calorie, non-fat, slightly addictive, carries with it no unpleasant side effects, but plenty of pleasant ones.

Here's the one I'm going to start with: "I'm grateful that I am even here to give thanks!"

No comments: