Saturday, July 29, 2023

The Saturday Picture Show, July 29, 2023

 

What an inviting space for young readers! This is at the Brentwood, Tennessee, public library.
The Zamboni hockey rink cleaning device is in good hands, being driven by a D.A.R.E. graduate....
We've seen these for years. I wonder about them, specifically, how do these two young Danes find out how far their picture gets? 
Now that I have finally perfected my pasta sauce recipe, I see tomatoes in light of how much spaghetti I can get under them. These chubby fruits look just right!
The very definition of a "foreboding sky."
I don't care if you have never been within a hundred miles of a steamed crab. Wherever you are, throw a little Old Bay seasoning on your sweet corn this summer. You'll be glad you did!
I think of that Alan Jackson song "Tall Tall Trees" when I see pictures like this. George Jones and Roger Miller wrote that one..."I'll buy you tall tall trees and all the waters in the seas...I'm a fool fool fool for you!"
Nature is beautiful, is it not?
Wherever you are in the world, when you stir sugar into your coffee or whatever, you're enjoying a little bit of Baltimore. This is our Domino Sugar plant, down in the harbor. The sugarcane gets here on ships.
People were asking what the upright pipes were used for in townhouse neighborhoods...it's simple! People used to hang clothes on a clothesline to dry in the sun, and a rope on pulleys was the answer.  You could stay right on the porch and bring the dry sheets and shirts to you!

No comments: