Saturday, July 22, 2023

The Saturday Picture Show, July 22, 2023

When I became a baseball fan long ago, players made $15,000 a year if they were stars, and they worked selling used cars or aluminum siding in the off season. Today, they make movie star money, and take their mom and sister to the All-Star Game dressed to the nines. Baltimore's star catcher Adley Rutschman is shown here with his mom and sister, all dressed like royalty from the days of French dynastic families. 
Tell me you just read this in Donald's voice!
It's the little things. In Japan, they decorate the manhole covers beautifully. We let ours rust.
If your address happens to #563 on whatever lane or road, you can print this and make a nice sign that your neighbors at #561 will surely envy.  That loudmouth at #565 won't care.
Someone mentioned these guys the other day. This was their first album, from 1969. Grand Funk Railroad specialized in industrial strength, non-artistic, loud rock and roll. It was not particularly cool to like them. It was better to be a fan of  Led Zeppelin or Rush or Pink Floyd and such, but Grand Funk seemed to be having fun and making music and money. The money was swallowed up in arguments with the IRS and their own management, and in 1976 they made the brave decision to disband rather than go disco. I guess they're out playing the state fair circuit these days. I wouldn't mind hearing "Closer To Home" right now.
I always enjoy seeing the way that nature arranges perfect housing for its creatures. 
Grilled cheese and bacon, and you could add a nice thin tomato slice, too.
This is an old product, Pear's Soap, but I still use it and swear by it for my glowing dewy complexion. Also, they sell it at Dollar Tree, so...
I agree with the late Thin White Duke here, and if I may, I would add that when you age and do it happily, you find out what matters - and what doesn't. Little things that seemed so important years ago now don't amount to doodly squat.

As an example of what I was just saying: you will not see people over 30 running with the bulls in Pamplona. Just sayin'.



No comments: