Saturday, December 11, 2021

The Saturday Picture Show, December 11, 2021

 

Does it seem to you that the days of thronging the mall for Christmas shopping seem as long ago as acid-washed jeans, pagers, and Glamor Fotos?
The great George Price brought this unthinkable scene to life on the cover of the New Yorker in 1965.
Anna Mary Robertson Moses (1860 – 1961), known as Grandma Moses, was an American folk artist who did not take up painting until the age of 78, but she still found time to paint some 1500+ canvases. Her style is called "primitive" by the art community; she called it "old timey." This one is called "Winter Wind." 
The great debate rages on every December, and I am firmly in the camp that says "Die Hard" is a Christmas movie.
There's not a living soul who is too cool to wear a groovy Christmas sweater.
In 1996, someone in Las Vegas took a notion to build a community in the desert. Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure this is what the suburbs of Hell look like.
No I was not here and no one has seen me all day.
How about another slice of rhubarb pie?
Sophistication, dignity, and respect for tradition are back.
As a dedicated snacker, I love seeing people do this for the men and women who will schlep a million packages this season - and that's just to our house, or so it seems! In fact, I think I'll whip up a batch of Chex Mix right now...let's see...Corn Chex...Rice Chex...Wheat Chex...mixed nuts...bite-size pretzels and bagel chips... butter...Worcestershire sauce...seasoned salt...garlic powder...onion powder...let's go!

No comments: