Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Saturday Picture Show, April 7, 2018

April 14 will mark the 153rd year since the assassination of Abraham Lincoln at Ford's Theatre in Washington, D.C. This is the chair in which Lincoln sat that night, before being shot by southern sympathizer John Wilkes Booth.
Ask anyone who knows: elementary school kids always show the way in the field of hand art.
Remember when Volkswagen was caught jiggering the exhaust systems on their diesel cars, and they had to buy back 360,000 of them? They are leasing huge acres all over the country to store them, and no one seems to know what will ever be done with them. I know a lot of struggling people who need reliable transportation and could use a car. Hint, hint.
IF I lived in a place where one could grow one's own lemons, I would do so. I'd buy a nice place in Sunkist Acres and make lemonade all day.
I saw this painting (by Alexander Bolotov) and I thought, if I had a lemon tree outside my house, I would want a painting like this inside to look at while I sip my lemonade.
You see old tools at antique stores and Goodwills and wherever...it's a good idea to buy them if you need or like tools, because they just don't make them like this any more.
I enjoy doing the laundry here at the Lazy 'C' and as enjoyable as I find it to take dirty clothes, put them in a steel box, push a button, come back later and throw the clean, wet clothes in another box, and come back later to fold them up, I can't say that any detergent ever put a grin like this on my mug. I guess I should try Tide powder.
This is a scene in Bologna, Italy. I wonder if they have damp basements.

No comments: