Saturday, April 17, 2021

The Saturday Picture Show, April 17, 2021

 

This is from the 1960s school of humor that thought posting "Don't pee in our pool; we don't swim in your toilet!" signs in the paneled clubroom was a riot. Charlie was the life of every party.

I know we've had a lot of rain these last few weeks. Trust me, when beauties like this, and lots of corn and whatnot come in this summer, it'll all be worth it!
I think we can date this cuneiform wall art to the Mesopotamians. Charlie and Claire Mesopotamian, that fun couple from the next street over.
And here is an extreme close up of a red pencil making a big X on my math quiz.
The fabled cobblestone streets of Philadelphia. One can only speculate as to how Amazon delivery trucks, fire engines, and other essential vehicles traverse them, but they sure look quaint.
So, a guy is tearing up the old wall-to-wall carpet in the house he bought, and it turns out that the people who just sold it to him were really into Monopoly. Think of the iron, race car, and thimble you have to tote around on it!
Miami Beach. Then, as now, largely unmasked.
It's the obstinate side of me that finds real beauty in weeds. To me, this dandelion is as pretty as an orchid, and you can make wine, if you have several hundred of them.
How great would this look, hanging on the living room wall?
It's the sign of maturity when one can accept the world as it is and make the best of it. So the only place they could find on your wall to hang the fire extinguisher is right on the main wall? Think of a creative way to deal, and look at the result!

4 comments:

Richard Foard said...

"Bubble Boy" snapped back into focus memories of poring over the ads in the backs of comic books. I once ordered a gag ink spill and was disappointed when a small piece of black, teardrop-shaped stamped sheet metal arrived in the mail. I lusted for the .22 rifle that the boys (never girls!) in the ads were always shooting deadly snakes through the head with.I never got around to ordering the potato gun and still feel a twinge for not having done so. And... do you know anyone who took up the offer grow rich by buying cases of salve and selling them door-to-door? I was tempted mightily, though I wasn't sure what salve was at the time.

Richard Foard said...

I suppose it is quaint that I still occasionally refer to ordering on-line as "sending away."

AC Cage said...

There are areas in Philly where residents seem to be living on top of each other. That kind of "brotherly love" is too much for me, I need space.

Mark said...

I remember getting what was a supposed to be a model PT boat that would actually be propelled through water. I think I had to put it in a glass of ginger ale and put baking soda in its cargo hold. Very disappointing, and I know my salve-selling career would have been short as well.
Arthur, try South Street for fun times!